Friday, November 2, 2012

Mmmm Meatloaf

I have been craving meatloaf lately. No, don’t even go there, I just happen to be a big fan of beef baked in a loaf pan. I love the texture, the smell, how it is baked in a bath of gristle, and owww the next day when the gristle has congealed you slice it up and put it between bread slathered with mayo. Are your taste buds watering yet, I know mine are.

My Dad makes the best meatloaf, it is absolutely delicious. I often ask him for the recipe but he insists he doesn't have one, he just uses a little of that, a pinch of this, and slides it in the oven until it 'looks' done. Why are the best family recipes, not recipes at all? How much exactly is a 'little', a 'pinch', and about how long does it take to 'look' done??

I also love the singer Meatloaf. I don't have a whole play list dedicated to him on my iTunes or anything, but I do gasp and crank it up when I hear him on the radio. Some of my favorite Loaf tunes are listed below in no particular order:

Two Out of Three Ain't Bad (my favorite)
 

 
I Would do Anything for Love
 
 
Paradise by the Dashboard Light
 
 
It's All Coming Back to Me Now
 
 
Took the Words Right Out of my Mouth
 
 
 
I gotta ask:
 
How do you prefer your Meatloaf?
 
Like This:
 
 
Like This:
 


ORRR Like this:


Happy Friday!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Meat loaf, mashed potatoes and corn.. comfort food at it's best! Not sure about the other Meatloaf ...that takes me back to the 70s 80s.. were you even born yet? LOL nothing like the oldies Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Good things happen to those who leave Comments!