Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cake Pops!

Cake Pops! If you never heard of them, let me be the one to introduce you. They are a delectable combination of cake and frosting, covered in chocolate, need a say more? I first heard of cake pops a year or so ago when I started following Bakerella, this lady makes ah-may-zing cake pops, she decorates them so beautifully, she even has a book filled with all kinds of fun cake pop ideas. I have read about her book on her blog, but when I was at A.C. Moore buying the ingredients for my own cake pops, I actually saw her book on the shelf, how cool is that! But I got this recipe from my friend Angie at work!

Cake pops are a simple combination of cake, any kind of cake, and frosting, any kind of frosting, covered with chocolate, any kind of chocolate. Below are the simple directions on how to make your own cake pops.

First, gather all your ingredients:
  • 1 Box of Cake Mix
  • 1 Tub of Frosting
  • Melting Chocolate
  • Sprinkles
  • Small Baking Cups
  • Lollipop Sticks

Prepare and bake cake mix as directed:


Well Hello there Little Friend.


While the cake is still warm, break it up into 100,255,000 pieces and place into a large mixing bowl. On top of your now mashed up cake, dump the entire can of frosting on top. I know, I know, it looks kind of gross, unless you are on your 16th day of your menstrual cycle, then this looks irresistible. Am I right ladies?? Haha!


Now mix the cake and frosting together until you get sort of a 'mush' mixture.


I used a small ice cream scoop to scoop out the cake balls. I put them all on a large cutting board, once they were all lined up, I used my hands and rolled them smooth.


Once they are all rolled and smooth, stick a lollipop stick into each one. Place them in the freezer long enough to cook, serve, and clean up supper, work through a two year old's temper tantrum, a 36 year old's temper tantrum, a bath, dishes, two loads of laundry, book time, bed time, and two sips of wine - a.k.a. 3 Hours.


Before removing your cake pops from the freezer, melt the chocolate that you will use to coat the pops with. I haven't experimented enough to know, but I assume any kind of chocolate will work.
Once you have everything melted, take each pop, one by one, and dip until you can't dip no more!


If you plan on sprinkling anything on to the pops, I found that it was best to do so right away. Because the cake is frozen, it doesn't take long for the melted chocolate to set.


After everything is decorated, display and devour!


See how easy these are!! Well, actually they are a bit time consuming, but trust me, they are worth the effort. If you want more ideas on what you can do with these, check out Bakerella's web-site, I provided a link on top and if you look over to the right there is another link there. If your creative juices are following, you could do some really cute cake pops for the 4th of July. Just think, white chocolate drizzled with blue and red chocolate, or sprinkled with stars, OR you could do little flags on each one!!

The possibilities are endless. If you try these on your own, let me know how it went and what you did with them!


4 comments:

  1. these look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put one of those sticks in a marshmellow and dip that in your melted bowl of yum, They are FANTASTIC. I will have to try this....

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, before making these, I must check to see just how big do they make Levi's 501 jeans. Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG those look so cute and soooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Good things happen to those who leave Comments!