Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lemon Gingertini - The Recipe!

My friend and I attended a Pampered Chef party back in February where the host served us a fabulous liquid concoction she called a “Lemon Gingertini”. This alcoholic beverage tantalized the taste buds with a hint of lemon, a touch of ginger, and a splash of vodka.

Since February my friend and I have been on a quest to find this recipe. We have googled, binged, and asked a million people with no luck (even the host had misplaced the recipe). Until today! I FOUND IT!! I am so excited I have to share this refreshing little drink recipe with my bloggidy readers.

Alas, I present to you the elusive Lemon Gingertini Recipe:

Ingredients:
2 lemons, divided
1 2½-in. piece fresh ginger root (about 2 oz), peeled
¼ cup sugar
1 can (12 oz) frozen lemonade concentrate
4 cups (1 L) chilled club soda
1 cup lemon-flavored vodka (optional)
½ cup lemon sorbet

Directions:
1. Zest lemons. Cut lemons in half crosswise. Cut two thin slices from one lemon. Cut slices into quarters and cut one slit into each quarter; set quarters aside for garnish. Juice remaining lemons to measure about ⅓ cup.

2. Finely mince ginger root. Combine lemon zest, juice, ginger and sugar; cover loosely with lid. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.

3. Place lemonade concentrate into a large pitcher. Pour ginger mixture through strainer into pitcher; discard ginger. Add club soda and vodka. Place lid onto pitcher and stir.

4. To serve, place 1 small scoop of sorbet into glasses. Pour beverage over sorbet. Garnish glasses with reserved lemon quarters.

yields: 8 servings (about 7 glasses)

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. SOOOOO good!!! I would make them right now if not watching young children :) so glad you found the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this at a Pampered Chef party but never got the recipe. So glad you posted it! Can't wait to mix up a batch!

    ReplyDelete

Good things happen to those who leave Comments!